On our way to improved stability this is an update which addresses several problems with the search/filter feature, crashes in the PDF viewer and missing menu items. Its older brother Mendeley Desktop v0.9.2 beta was available for a week but we decided to add one more fix and hold back this blog post. The auto-update is now set from v0.9.1 beta to v0.9.2.1 beta directly.
So which bugs did we address specifically:
- Fix search index becoming out of date and not returning all relevant documents when using search/filter feature
- Fix crash when selecting ‘Delete Documents’ in File menu with no documents selected
- Fix ‘Remove From Collection’ and ‘Restore Documents’ actions missing from File menu
- Fix ‘OR’ queries in search filter not working
- Fix ‘Delete Document’ toolbar action appearing twice when right-clicking context menu in documents list
- Fix non-latin characters in CSL (Citation Style Language) files not being rendered correctly
- Fix sticky notes being listed in reverse order in right-hand panel in PDF viewer
- Fix ‘in trash’/’not in trash’ status for documents not being synced correctly for documents in collections
- Clarify licensing of the Word/OpenOffice.org plugin code and update copyright text in Help -> About dialog, make licensing information easier to find on Mac
- Add command-line option to ignore SSL errors
- Fix auto-update download progress bar not being visible
- Make auto-update download cancel-able
- Fix a problem when migrating from 0.6.5 to 0.9.x if the user had created more shared groups than collections in My Library
- Fix syncing error if a document’s title was set to a non-empty whitespace string in Mendeley Desktop
- (Windows) Allow a custom storage location for Mendeley’s data to be specified in the registry
- (Mac) Fix Find Next/Previous buttons being visible in PDF viewer when no search term had been entered
- (Mac) Fix problems with settings migration from 0.6.5 to 0.9.x
As always, if you have suggestions for improvements please let us know by visiting our feedback forum. If you encounter any problems using Mendeley or have questions to ask please email email@example.com.
To see what has changed in previous updates of Mendeley visit our release notes page.