In 2019, we welcomed tens of thousands of new users to Mendeley and the magic of good reference management. When it comes to discovering the platform, one of the best ways is through our brilliant Mendeley Advisor Community, which goes beyond recommendation to support users worldwide.
We are actively recruiting new Advisors for 2020. Could you be the next great Mendeley Advisor?
The Mendeley Advisor Community includes people from all over the world. Most Advisors are PhD students and early-career lecturers, but the community also includes librarians, tenured professors, government lab employees and corporate researchers.
Mendeley Advisors are the voice of Mendeley on campus, helping their peers use its great features to save time and reduce stress levels. They share their knowledge of Mendeley in classes, office hours and fun events on campus!
In 2019, the Advisors spread their love of Mendeley in all sorts of ways, including:
- Running classes
- Setting up learning labs
- Creating training videos
- Posting on social media
- Wearing their Mendeley T-shirts to conferences
- Teaching Mendeley in virtual reality
Besides the satisfaction that comes from helping your peers, Advisors receive a whole range of benefits, such as:
- Increased free library storage
- A coveted Mendeley T-shirt
- Giveaways for your workshops
- Invitations for speaking opportunities and to be profiled on Elsevier blogs
- Sneak previews of new Mendeley products and features
- A certificate to acknowledge your contribution to the community
- Support, advice and collateral from the Mendeley Community team
- Invitations to do UX and BETA testing, so you can be part of Mendeley’s development
It’s so easy to apply to be a Mendeley Advisor: just click here.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you to the Community.
Interested in helping us build better tools for researchers? Mendeley is looking for PhD students, academics and researchers to participate in user research via video calls! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.