(Right photo: Yahaya Gavamukulya, Left photo: Serge Kameni Leugoue)
As of early June, Mendeley Advisors introduced a whopping 10,000 people to the power of good reference management and research workflow this year! The ever-growing Advisor Community runs around 40 events per month, averaging a combined 2,500 attendees. We’d like to give a special thanks to super star Advisors Serge Kameni Leugoue (University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy and University of Dschang – Cameroon.) and Yahaya Gavamukulya (Busitema University, Faculty of Health Sciences, Kenya) for welcoming user 10,000 during one of their events!
Congratulations and a big thanks to all of our Advisors for your help and hard work on this journey. Mendeley is so much more than a reference manager – it is a strong community of academics from all disciplines and career stages, committed to improving the way we do research, from end-to-end.
Why and How to be a Mendeley Advisor
Mendeley Advisors are network of over 5,000 passionate Mendeley experts across the world. They are our hands on the ground, helping potential users connect with the platform. We also consult with Advisors to understand the needs of users and to beta test new features. You’re the first group we consult when we are considering adding a new functionality to the product. But the Mendeley Advisor program isn’t just about making Mendeley famous—there are also some nice perks for you:
- Be the Mendeley representative on your campus (a nice thing to add to your CV)
- Get a special Mendeley Advisor account with more groups and increased storage
- Connect with the team behind Mendeley
- Be the first to know what we are working on and get early access to new features
- Get access to the exclusive Mendeley Advisor forum
- Receive free Mendeley giveaways for events
- And most importantly: get a flashy Advisor badge for your Mendeley profile so the whole world can see you’re a Mendeley guru!
Want to learn more about Advisors? Read our Advisor of the Month column or apply on our Mendeley Advisor webpage. Have questions? Reach out to the Community Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.