The science of tomorrow will require the data from today
All the information underpinning research articles offers value to other researchers: raw and processed data, protocols and methods, machine and environment settings, and scripts and algorithms. Sharing and using such research data can increase the impact, validity, reproducibility, efficiency, and transparency of research.
To unlock the true potential of research data, the Mendeley Data team believe that there is a need to move beyond solely making data available and find a dependable solution that enables data to be stored, shared and re-used. So we launched Mendeley Data. When collaborating with the research community to develop Mendeley Data, we followed four guiding data principles:
- Data needs to be discoverable
- Data needs to be comprehensible
- Researchers should be able to take ownership of their data
- Research data management (RDM) solutions need to be interoperable.
Empowering researchers to perform research data management
Open science benefits research and society, and drives research performance. Here are five things you need to know about RDM with Mendeley Data:
- Mendeley Data supports the entire lifecycle of research data: modules are specifically designed to utilize data to its fullest potential, simplifying and enhancing current ways of working
- Researchers own and control their data: you can choose to keep data private, or publish it under one of 16 open data licenses
- Mendeley Data is an open system: modules are designed to be used together, as standalones, or combined with other RDM solutions
- Mendeley Data can increase the exposure and impact of research: Mendeley Data Search indexes over 10 million datasets from more than 35 repositories
- We actively participate in the open data community: we are currently working on more than 20 projects globally
Striving for superior data management for researchers
No one can solve RDM challenges alone, nor can one business unleash the full potential of research data sharing. However, through following core data principles, and continually evaluating and improving the RDM solutions built on our Mendeley Data platform, we hope to be able to contribute to supporting researchers discover the value of their data .
Find out more about all-things Mendeley here.