You can now export references from your Mendeley Web Library into the Microsoft Word Citation Manager — without opening your Mendeley Desktop.
The export feature uses Microsoft Word’s built-in citation tool. This feature is only available on Windows for Word 2010 and above.
To export your references:
- Open your Mendeley Web Library
- Select the references you want to export
- Click on Export to MS Word, which will download an .xml file.
- Open Word and go to “References” and then “Manage Resources.”
- Browse your folder and select the .xml file. Your references will be available in Word’s Citation Manager.
The number of citation styles in Word are limited but you can install more styles from BibWord.
MS Word’s citation system is not the same system used by Mendeley Desktop. Using both on the same document will yield two sets of citations and two bibliographies.
Interested in helping us build better tools for researchers? Mendeley is looking for PhD students, academics and researchers to participate in user research via video calls! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.