Calling all librarians and information science professionals! Come learn about how researchers at your institution are using Mendeley and how you can use it to help patrons find what they’re looking for faster. This session is appropriate for folks with no prior experience, but we’ll also go in depth in some areas and there will be plenty of time for questions, so feel free to join just for Q&A if you like. Please download and install Mendeley before the session so if you have any questions, you’ll be able to ask them during the event.
We’ll discuss topics such as:
- Writing grants & papers with Mendeley
- Importing from and exporting to other systems (Google Scholar, Pubmed, Endnote, Refworks, etc.)
- Organizing, sharing, and discovering research with Mendeley
- How Mendeley respects intellectual property & copyright
- Mendeley’s role in the future of research
- The Mendeley Institutional Edition
William Gunn, Head of Academic Outreach, will be conducting this session. There will be plenty of time for questions after and during the session. Please download and install Mendeley before the session begins. If this time doesn’t work for you, please see our events page for an event near you. We will put up a recording of the session afterwards, so check this post or our Youtube channel.
Date: Tuesday, May 1nd 2012
|Mendeley for Professors||2012-04-25 2:00 PM EDT|
NB: These sessions are conducted using WebEx. You may wish to confirm your system will work with WebEx before the event begins.