A LinkedIn profile is popular way to organize and showcase your education and career experience. This is also a great platform to add any licenses or certificates you achieve, like your Mendeley Advisor status.
In this quick guide, we’ll help you add your Mendeley Advisor certification and badge to your LinkedIn profile.
First things first
Please make sure you have successfully registered as a Mendeley Advisor by visiting our Mendeley Advisor Community page, clicking “Register as an Advisor” and filling out the form.
- Sign into LinkedIn with your existing account, or if you are new to LinkedIn, create a new account for free
- Navigate to your profile and scroll down to the Licenses & certifications section
- Click the “+” icon to the right to add a new entry
In the new window, enter in your details:
- Name = Mendeley Advisor
- Issuing Organization = Mendeley (choose the first Mendeley result with the red logo that auto-populates)
- Check the box next to “This credential does not expire”
- Enter in the month and year you achieved your certification (this can be an estimate if you don’t know your exact date)
- Leave credential ID blank
- Credential URL = https://www.mendeley.com/advisor-community
- Click “save”
And you’re all set. Now your Mendeley Advisor certification is proudly displayed on your LinkedIn profile for all to see. Congratulations!