As Mendeley Advisors, you do a great job speaking to the researcher community on your campus about the benefits of using Mendeley. But now we’re calling on you to spread the word even further! Take part in #MyMendeley by making a short video (15 seconds or less) about why you love Mendeley, and upload it to YouTube so we can share it across the social media universe. (We’ve also raided the marketing giveaways cupboard, so we’ll be sending backpacks and t-shirts to the makers of our favourite videos.)
So here’s how it works:
- Upload a short video of yourself to YouTube, telling us about why you love Mendeley – maybe how it helps you with your research, your favourite feature, or why you’d recommend it to others
- Tag your video with #MyMendeley so we can find it and share it
What’s in it for you?
- Mendeley Glory! We’ll be sharing the videos across our social media channels, so your wisdom will travel far and wide
- Giveaways! We’ve got new t-shirts and some other fun things to send to the makers of our favourite videos
Looking for inspiration? Check out Mendeley team members Rachel and Daniel’s videos.
Some tips for making a good video:
- Keep your video short and snappy (15 seconds or less)
- Use a fun background! Maybe your lab, a sign of your university or something else that shows where you are from. We used New York City’s famous Grand Central Terminal and Elsevier’s rare book room at our Amsterdam headquarters
- Film somewhere that doesn’t have too much background noise
- Give your video a catchy title, and feel free to tell us more about yourself, your research and how you use Mendeley in the description
- Don’t forget to tag your video with #MyMendeley so we can find it!
We’re looking forward to seeing your videos.