Mendeley Desktop 0.9.9 is now available for Windows, Mac and Linux. For existing users, you can get it by starting (or restarting) Mendeley Desktop and accepting the update prompt.
Highlights of this release:
- The new citation editor introduced for Word on Windows in the previous release is now also available for users of OpenOffice.org and Microsoft Word for Mac. There is no longer a need to go back to Mendeley to select a publication to cite. Instead you can just click Insert Citation (or press Ctrl + Cmd (⌘) + I on Mac) and type in keywords from the title, authors or publication of the work you wish to cite.
- You can now export the sticky notes on a PDF as an annotation report in PDF format, with or without the content of the article itself. When viewing a PDF in Mendeley, go to File -> Export PDF with Annotations.
- Sharing PDFs with colleagues is now easier, whether they use Mendeley or not. Select a document and click the ‘E-mail Documents’ button on the toolbar to send an article via email to one or more people.
In addition, there have been improvements to app startup time, citation formatting, RIS import, EndNote XML import/export and Linux desktop integration, plus bug fixes and stability improvements.
For more details, see the complete list of changes.
If you have a feature, change or bug fix that you particularly want to see soon, please visit our feedback forum and add your votes.
Ubuntu users: Mendeley Desktop 0.9.9 was released for Ubuntu/Debian last week. Mendeley Desktop 0.9.9.1 has been released today to fix crashes specific to the Ubuntu version that some users encountered when the file organizer was enabled.
10 thoughts on “Mendeley Desktop 0.9.9 Released”
Hi, I have been a user of Mendeley for several months. I experienced failures in ‘exporting pdf file with annotation.’ I opened one of my PDF file on Mendeley, went to ‘go -> Export PDF with annotations,’ selected ‘article contents’ and ‘annotations,’ chose place where file should be located, and found that there is no file there. I tried this function at three other computers and the results were same.
Kim, would you please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of this issue?
Hi, After the last update (described in this post) the word plugin seem to cause an error message (in word 2010 32bit) whenever the word begins. It operates correctly afterwards (when ok button is clicked) but still it is a little bit annoying.
The error says: index out of range in Mendeley Desktop.
A reinsallation of the plugin didn’t change this behaviour.
We will shortly release an update which fixes this issue, in the meantime, you can fix it yourself as follows:
1. download http://www.mendeley.com/public-downloads/Mendeley-0.5.24.dot
2. copy it to your C:Program FilesMendeley DesktopwordPlugin directory (or equivalent if you’ve installed Mendeley somewhere else)
3. restart Mendeley Desktop
The Word plugin should now operate as normal. (This also fixes two other Word plugin bugs)
Hi, I tried to export a pdf with annotations using Mendeley but it crashes everytime without outputing any file. I am using Windows 7 and just updated mendeley to the lastest version. Please fix this bug. Thanks.
Hi Lin, would you please email email@example.com on this issue so they can fix it for you? Thanks.
I’ve just installed the Mendeley desktop on my Macbook pro and I saw some bugs that I want to report. When I put accents in a word in the author, journal, etc fields they repeat the word that was accented, like: áa, ée, íi..
Other bug is when i put some folder to be watch the application always crashes.
My macbook pro keyboard are configured as United States – International. My language are Portugues-Brazil.
There is something that I can change to correct those bugs?
I’ll be waiting for some reply.
Thank u a lot.
How can I remove “URL” in Options – Show fields? It’s seems like unable to do it.
Also, could you please add more options for BibTex export preferences. For example, which fields user would like to export to Bib file?
I use Mendeley version 1.0.1 on Mac. I have been having trouble using the ‘highlight’ feature. Would you please let me know what can be done to fix this problem. I am not able to highlight (when I try, it highlights randoms sections on the page) or use the sticky notes feature.
Awaiting your reply.
Regarding highlighting – it is a known issue with some PDFs. If the text highlight has problems, use the rectangle highlight instead by clicking on the drop-down arrow next to the highlight tool.
What happens when you try to use the sticky notes tool?
Comments are closed.