Already live via auto-update since last week but we just wanted to let everyone know about this minor update which amongst other things improves the look and feel of the toolbar on Mac. It also addresses several problems with annotation syncing, problems installing the Word plugin on some systems and general stability.
Further user interface improvements are planned for the next release so rest assured that this is just the beginning. Here is the complete list of changes for this release:
- (Mac) Improved the look and feel of the toolbar on Mac.
- (Windows) Fixed ‘Invalid procedure call’ error when working with some Word documents which contain Mendeley-generated citations.
- Fixed several sporadic crashes related to the search and de-duplication features.
- Fixed several sync errors which could occur when syncing annotations.
- Fixed several crashes related to the Word/OpenOffice/Mac Word plugins.
- Fixed several crashes related to the notification bar.
- Fixed several crashes related to importing PDFs which are already in your library.
- Fixed annotation creation times being displayed incorrectly in timezones outside of GMT.
- Fixed sticky notes not being exported correctly via File -> Export with annotations.
- Added a limit to the number of citations that are extracted from a single PDF and reduce the number of citations extracted with poor-quality metadata.
- Reduced memory usage when handling large file attachments.
- Fixed ‘LinkToMendeleyVba2.dll not found’ message on some Windows PCs.
- Made database updates safer when installing new versions of Mendeley Desktop.
- Fixed the problem where Document Details hide/show toggle in menu did not always work correctly.
- Fixed sticky notes not being restored when restoring backups.
- Fixed annotation syncing problems when file organizer is enabled
- Fix a freeze during the ‘Downloading files’ syncing step.
- Preserve author ordering correctly when importing from Zotero.
- (Mac) Fixed crash when entering accented characters (eg. umlauts) in authors field in Document Details tab.
- (Mac) Included more detailed information in crash reports sent from Mendeley Desktop.
- (Mac) Fixed crash when importing some corrupted PDFs.
- (Mac) Experimental support for international versions of Microsoft Word for Mac.
- (Linux) Fixed README file being installed to /usr in Ubuntu version.
If you have suggestions for improvements please let us know by visiting the feedback forum at http://feedback.mendeley.com. If you encounter any problems using Mendeley or have questions to ask please e-mail support.