The main priority is still to polish existing features by fixing a lot of usability issues and bugs. We also continue working on speed and stability and rest assured – work on the Mac Word Plugin has now officially been started. We’ll let you know as soon as we have an alpha version ready for testing.
Improvements to Existing Features:
- Improved concurrent editing of documents by multiple users. Tags and keywords changes are now merged correctly and conflict resolution is improved.
- Add support for disambiguating citations in Word and OpenOffice.
- Improve the performance of bibliography generation and citation insertion in Word and OpenOffice.
- Mendeley Desktop can now import PDF, BibTeX and RIS files which do not have the .pdf, .bib or .ris file extension. Mendeley Desktop will attempt to guess the type of the file in this case.
- Support for importing .txt files which may contain references in various formats.
- Support importing of month field from BibTeX where month name is not enclosed in quotes or braces.
- HTML attachments are now indexed for full text search (note that this will not apply to existing attachments).
- Show a wizard on first run offering to set up word processor integration.
- Clearer formatting of dates in the table view.
- Add support for superscript and subscript formatting of in-line citations.
- Add a menu item to toggle the visiblity of the right-hand Document Details pane.
- Support for additional fields and document types in BibTeX import and export.
- Support for additional document types in RIS import and export.
- Show different icons in the table view depending on the file type, number of files attached to a document and whether the file is stored locally or downloadable from the web.
- Automatically enable the ‘Citation Key’ field in the Document Details pane when BibTeX syncing is enabled.
- Support for importing file links from EndNote XML files (currently tested with EndNote X2, X3 XML files).
- Add keyboard shortcuts for moving between tabs, creating folders and toggling the Document Details pane.
- Clearer messages in the Word and OpenOffice.org plugins.
- When importing PDFs through the ‘Watched Folders’ feature, the existing library is searched for duplicates of imported documents.
- Improved performance of first PDF import after starting Mendeley.
- (Mac) Mendeley Desktop offered to install the NeoOffice plugin even when NeoOffice was not installed.
- (Linux) Add a README file to the generic Linux version of Mendeley Desktop.
- Fixed various hangs and crashes on exit when background services (such as the file organiser) were enabled.
- The location of the Zotero database was not auto-detected if Firefox was not using the default profile.
- Hyperlinks in PDF documents did not work reliably.
- Fix crash when opening certain invalid PDF documents.
- Removed non-working support for unchecking sub-folders of a watched folder.
- Import documents directly into the ‘My Publications’ collection did not work.
- Progress of syncing operations is now shown as a percentage instead of number of documents and citations updated.
- Fix a bug where document addition date/times were stored in local time internally and would be incorrect after a timezone or daylight savings change.
- The document type combo-box now updates correctly after a DOI/Arxiv/PubMed lookup.
- Improved syncing performance.
- ‘Copy LaTeX Citation’ menu command now generates a citation key for the selected document(s) if necessary.
- Application interface could hang whilst performing a database upgrade or repair.
- Search index could go out of date causing documents which should match the search keywords not to be found.
- Search did not always find all relevant full text matches.
- Auto-update checks did not work properly in release candidate versions.
- (Mac) The account password field was cleared when opening the preferences dialog.
Feedback and Support
If you have suggestions for improvements please let us know by visiting the feedback forum at http://feedback.mendeley.com. If you encounter any problems using Mendeley or have questions to ask please email email@example.com.