Celebrate Your Research Team!
At Mendeley we understand that life in a research team is very busy: focusing on your research as well as collaborating with your colleagues and trying to keep up with the latest research in your field. We’re here to help you with your research productivity while trying to make sure you having some fun too!
That’s why we’re introducing a new contest for you called “Celebrate Your Research Team” that will run from June 1st 2015 through to August 1st 2015.
You can win the following:
- 1st Prize: Mendeley funded Pizza Lunch ($80 gift card) and Mendeley Researcher Edition for your team
- 2nd & 3rd Prizes (each month): Mendeley Researcher Edition for your team.
Sounds great right?
What is the Mendeley Researcher Edition (MRE)?
Mendeley Researcher Edition (MRE) is a premium version of Mendeley, a reference management tool built on top of one of the world’s largest academic collaboration networks that allows you to do the following:
- Create and keep your ‘online profile’ on Mendeley, helping you be more discoverable, connecting you with others, and making it easy for others to follow you.
- It’s great for research teams as you can connect with other researchers and share full-text documents (manuscript, readings, etc.) via an unlimited number of private groups. You can form public-Invite only groups to bring together small research groups to further promote and expose what you are working on. You can set up topical public groups with other researchers to generate interest about your discipline.
- It also helps research teams that want to keep on top of the changes in their field as you can utilize the various search and proactive recommendation features such as Mendeley Suggest to alert you on the latest articles, people, and groups you’ll want to know about.
- Mendeley Researcher Edition (MRE) is easy to use and comes with 5 GB of cloud storage to manage your documents and references. Mendeley also makes it convenient to create proper citations.
Here’s how you enter:
- Login into Mendeley, then follow the link to your university and join the Celebrate Your Research Team public group (University of Toronto or York University)
- Make a post in your university’s group with the following information:
- Your Name & Institution
- Description of your team’s research focus (50 words max)
- Tell us how your team uses/would use Mendeley (50 words)
- Explain why your team should win (80 words)
- Submit that same information via this form (using your institutional e-mail address, this is so we can verify your information)
The criteria used to determine the winner of this contest is:
…so be sure to invite your friends and colleagues to the group!
The winner is selected on the last day of every month and an announcement is made via the Mendeley Blog. Those who have won a prize are not eligible to participate in the contest again.
For more information please contact Yath on firstname.lastname@example.org