Just over a month after the release of Mendeley Desktop 0.6.1 we’ve got another release ready for you! In this release we’ve made the desktop client much more stable and addressed a number of bugs that were present in 0.6.1. This should make the whole Mendeley experience more pleasurable!
The main desktop client changes include:
- Added an invite link to the main menu – if you find Mendeley useful, please help us to spread the word
- Added automated back-ups before doing a complete re-sync
- Added an “Ungrouped” document group which shows all documents that have not been added to any group
- The list of document groups is now sorted alphabetically
- Some minor metadata extraction improvements. arXiv papers are now handled better
- Introduced support for a wider range of DOIs
- Bibtex export preserves the contents of the Notes field
- After downloading a file attached to a document by clicking on the grey/green PDF icon, the downloaded file is now kept locally so that it does not need to be re-downloaded
- Auto-completion is now available in the metadata edit dialog
As always we appreciate your feedback, so please do let us know if you have any problems or suggestions for improvement.