Thanks a lot for your feedback and bug reports for our latest Mendeley release! Since we’re still in early beta and actually having done an almost complete re-write of Mendeley Desktop this is extremely helpful and highly appreciated.
Just to give you an update on the current status: Most of the problems you reported for v.0.6.0 are already fixed for the upcoming release which is due next week. We will continue testing this week to make sure we fix the majority of current bugs – especially with synchronisation and responsiveness.
Just some more notes about the current status:
- Unfortunately we didn’t have enough time to include the PDF preview in the Windows versions of Mendeley Desktop. This feature is only removed temporarily while we’re working on including a better cross-platform solution.
- The automated DOI lookup during import isn’t working at the moment. This might look like the quality of the metadata extraction has decreased, but this is currently being reviewed and will be available in v.0.6.1 again.
- Synchronisation has some problems with malformed XML data due to invalid characters in local databases. This is fixed for v.0.6.1.
- Mendeley Desktop freezes when importing a folder. This is fixed – everything related to the import will be done in different threads in the update.
- Opening the settings dialog on Windows takes a long time. This has been optimized for v.0.6.1 and should be a lot quicker and more responsive.
In case you encounter additional bugs please don’t hesitate to contact us and we will do our best to help. You can check further bug reports and feature requests in our feedback forum.