Mendeley University Advisors are part of our award-winning and amazing project that will make researchers’, scientists’ and students’ working lives happier by creating the Last.fm for research and by organizing the world’s academic research.
We want to invite YOU to be part of Mendeley by becoming a Mendeley University Advisor!
If you are a power user and are enthusiastic about Mendeley and what we want to achieve and you’d like to spread the word about us at your university – while receiving some great benefits along the way – now’s your chance!
We’re recruiting a select group of Mendeley University Advisors to be the official Mendeley representative at your university and to help us keep in touch with Mendeley’s growing userbase at your university.
What you’d do:
Spread the word about Mendeley in your university in any way that you’re comfortable with. Some things our current advisors at universities like Cambridge, Columbia, and Princeton do are:
- Putting up posters
- Giving presentations or demos, to classes and 1 on 1
- Conducting teaching sessions
- Forming local user communities
- Introducing Mendeley at university libraries
- Talking to friends and colleagues about Mendeley
- or any other good ideas you might have!
Basically, you’re going to be our number one contact person at your university and the official Mendeley representative at your university. You’ll also help us better understand the needs of users, labs or departments at your institution, so we can keep improving Mendeley.
Some of the benefits:
Fame, glory, and you get to:
- Be a part of the new way research is done – we want to make science and research more open and awesome!
- Become the official Mendeley representative at your university, institution, or organization.
- Get Mendeley’s premium features free of charge.
- Get the opportunity to travel to another university or host a Mendeley presentation out of town.
- Get to know our team and other Advisors from around the world and make important contacts.
- Be the first to learn about what’s going on at Mendeley.
- Get access to new features before others do.
- Get access to our Mendeley advisor forum.
- Have pizza and free drinks on Mendeley when you give a demo or talk at your institution.
- Loads of free Mendeley swag (stuff like t-shirts, pens, stickers, etc.)!
- Last but not least: Get a shiny advisor badge on your Mendeley profile (if you like)!
If you have any further questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or get in touch directly with our community liaisons, William or Ricardo.
William Gunn, PhD
Open Science Advocate, Assay Development Consultant and co-founder of Stemcellassays.com
Community Liaison, Mendeley
San Diego, California, United States
Research field: Biological Sciences – Cellular Biology
Adult Stem Cell Research, Bone Biology, Statistical Analysis, Cancer, single molecule analytical techniques
Ricardo Vidal, M. Eng.
Ph.D. Candidate, Queen’s University
Community Liaison, Mendeley
Research field: Biological Sciences – Bioinformatics
Bioinformatics, Synthetic Biology, Stem cells, Oncology
Ready to go? Click here go to our Advisor signup page and join today!